- Goodwin J, Choi H, Hsieh MH, Neugent ML, Ahn JM, Hayenga HN, Singh PK, Shackelford DB, Lee IK, Shulaev V, Dhar S, Takeda N, Kim JW. Targeting HIF-1α/PDK1 Axis by Dichloroacetate (DCA) Suppresses Bleomycin-induced Pulmonary Fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2017 Sep 15. doi: 10.1165/rcmb.2016-0186OC. Pubmed Link.
- Keshavarzian M, Meyer CA, Hayenga HN. "Mechanobiological model of arterial growth and remodeling. Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 2017 Aug 19. doi: 10.1007/s10237-017-0946-y. Pubmed Link.
- Bhui R, Hayenga HN. "An agent-based model of leukocyte transendothelial migration during atherogenesis." PLoS Computational Biology. May 25, 2017;13(5):e1005523. Pubmed Link.
- Wu RF, Liao C, Fu G, Hayenga HN, Yang K, Ma Z, Liu Z, Terada LS. "p66Shc couples mechanical signals to RhoA through FAK-dependent recruitement of p115-RhoGEF and GEF-H1." Mol Cell Biol. Aug 29, 2016. Pubmed Link.
- Adlerz KM, Aranda-Espinoza H, Hayenga HN. “Substrate elasticity regulates the behavior of human monocyte-derived macrophages.” Eur Biophys J. Nov 27, 2015. doi:10.1007/s00249-015-1096-8
- Hayenga HN, Aranda-Espinoza H. Stiffness increases mononuclear cell transendothelial migration. Cell Mol Bioeng. September 2013, Volume 6, Issue 3, pp 253-265). Springer Link
- Stroka KM, Hayenga HN, Aranda-Espinoza H. Human neutrophil cytoskeletal dynamics and contractility actively contribute to trans-endothelial migration. PLOS ONE. Apr 2013, 8(4):e61377.Pubmed Link
- Hayenga HN, Hu JJ, Meyer CA, Wilson E, Hein T, Kuo L, Humphrey JD. Differential progressive remodeling of coronary and cerebral arteries and arterioles in an aortic coarctation model of hypertension. Frontiers Vasc Physiol. Nov 2012, 3(420):1-16.Pubmed Link
- Munoz-Pinto DJ, Qu X, Bansal L, Hayenga HN, Hahn J, Hahn MS. Relative impact of form-induced stress vs. uniaxial alignment on multipotent stem cell myogenesis. Acta Biomater. Nov 2012, 8(11):3974-81.Pubmed Link
- Munoz-Pinto DJ, Jimenez-Vergara AC, Hou Y, Hayenga HN, Rivas A, Grunlan M, Hahn M. Osteogenic potential of poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(dimethylsiloxane) hybrid hydrogels. Tissue Eng Part A. Aug 2012, 18(15-16):1710-9.Pubmed Link
- Hayenga HN, Trache A, Trzeciakowski J, Humphrey JD. Regional atherosclerotic plaque properties in ApoE-/- mice quantified by atomic force, immunofluorescence, and light microscopy. J Vasc Res. Aug 2011, 48(6):495-504.Pubmed Link
- Hayenga HN, Thorne BC, Peirce SM, Humphrey JD. Ensuring congruency in multiscale modeling: towards linking agent based and continuum biomechanical models of arterial adaptation. Ann Biomed Eng. Nov 2011, 39(11):2669-82.Pubmed Link
- Thorne BC, Hayenga HN, Humphrey JD, Peirce SM. Towards a multi-scale computational model of arterial adaptation in hypertension: verification of a multi-cell agent-based model. Front Physio. May 2011, 2(20):1-12.Pubmed Link
- Nemir S, Hayenga HN, West JL. PEGDA hydrogels with patterned elasticity: Novel tools for the study of cell response to substrate rigidity. Biotechnol Bioeng Feb 2010, 105(3):636-11.Pubmed Link
- Sarantos MR, Zhang H, Schaff UY, Dixit N, Hayenga HN, Lowell CA, Simon SI. Transmigration of neutrophils across inflamed endothelium is signaled through LFA-1 and Src family kinase. J Immunology Dec 2008, 181(12):8660-9.Pubmed Link
- Zhang Y, Hayenga HN, Sarantos MR, Simon SI, Neelamegham. Differential regulation of neutrophil CD18 integrin function by di- and tri-valent cations: manganese vs. gadolinium. Ann Biomed Eng. Apr 2008, 36(4):647-60.Pubmed Link
- Hayenga HN, Sarantos MR, Simon SI. Binding affinity of leukocyte function associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) towards Intracellular Adhesion Molecule-1 (ICAM-1) induced by Mg2+ and Gd3+ and abrogated with competitive and allosteric inhibitors. J Explorations 2006, 9:40-66.Article Link